COVID-19 Information

With all the recent developments around COVID-19 we wanted to send an update to everyone to let you know that we’ve been following the situation closely and we’re committed to having ToorCon 2020 in the safest way possible for all of our attendees and staff.

Earlier today, March 16th, Governor Jay Inslee put in place restrictions that prevent gatherings of 50 or more people within the State of Washington until the end of the month, but could go on much longer as the CDC recommendation is to keep it in effect until mid-May. There is also the real possibility that travel to Washington State could be restricted which would affect non-Washington based attendees.

Given the circumstances we fully understand if anyone wishes to cancel their plans to come to ToorCamp and will provide full refunds or transfers for any reason — which is our general policy for ToorCon events. It would greatly help with our planning if you let us know sooner than later, preferably by May 16th. To do so, you can request a refund through Universe or email

If we have to postpone ToorCamp we will notify everyone by May 23rd and provide the option to either fully refund your ticket or have it transferred to the postponed date.

That being said, we are all still moving full steam ahead with planning the best ToorCamp yet. We will be sending out an email later this week announcing sign-ups for Villages, Self-Organized sessions, RV spots, DJs, Art Grants, and other ways you can be involved this year. Closer to the event we will provide a clear safety plan for all staff and attendees based on the current situation and guidance available from the WHO and CDC.

We hope you’re all staying safe and doing what you can to support your local hacker/maker communities and small businesses throughout this crisis. We’ll all get through this together. Let’s do our best to come out stronger because of it.

-The ToorCamp Organizers